POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Should I be using SSE2? : Re: Should I be using SSE2? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 14:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Should I be using SSE2?
From: clipka
Date: 6 Dec 2008 10:50:00
Message: <web.493a9ed7644a75a06890bf690@news.povray.org>
"SharkD" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I keep getting weird errors when using SSE2, along the lines of (not verbatim!):
>
> "Unknown internal error!"
> "Can't find source file."

Seen this, too. I seem to get things like this sporadically with MegaPOV 1.2.1
when I do too much file opening while it's parsing the scene file. Especially
when I open some other big file in the PoV GUI, and at the same time the scene
file parser needs to open an image or include file. Seems like it's hitting
some number-of-open-files limit.

Don't know about official PoV 3.6 or the 3.7 beta, because I haven't used them
much with huge scenes.

I don't think it's related to SSE2 in any way.

It *may* be possible though that the SSE2 version is compiled with other
differences in compiler settings that have an effect on this.